Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Phasing Out

This blog will be phasing over and out into Platinum Horseshoe. It has always been the left hand side of the Horseshoe anyway. Coming down to Kalealoa and across to Ewa Beach for the bottom of the Horseshoe. Then going straight up to the North Shore for the right side of Horseshoe.

"Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present
a new place for new ideas and progress."

The obituary. My long time friend Gordon Pascal. I came to Hawaii in 1978 and bounced around all over Honolulu and ended up in a nice rooming place in Kalihi. Across the hall from me I met Gordon along with the rest of the tenants. And we had a nice crowd all men. We would drink three or four times a week, talk story and sing.

Eventually I found out that he was not a bully but one of the better street fighters in Kalihi and he was fond of saying that he could be beaten. I just never saw it. I found a place closer to town and a different job but we always manage to have a drink or two and talk story. Later on he got his own condo in Waianae,

Three years ago, I got my senior housing in Nanakuli and I since I have no relatives in Hawaii, I put him as next of kin. I saw him regularly at the VA and he could no longer drink but we could help each other. He knew what to do with my things, now I have to find someone else for my next of kin.

He passed on Wednesday, December 24th. May he rest in peace. I, along with a lot of other people, are going to miss Gordon.