Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Nothing Doin'

But we got a good blog in town that is also slow going. That is Oahu And Beyond. With less than 100 average hits per day they need a one more good Guest Author. They cover most of the town dancing action and some of the neighbor islands too.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can’t hear the music."
- George Carlin

Town Dancer is still in the lead but the Christmas season has been hard on all of them. The bus situation has been so bad, I haven't had much chance at getting around to get a few pictures, but then I have been having trouble with my cameras. My mind is not working so good in its old age.


Oahu - West has had another reason for the slow down. I changed the URL. The internet address is now  http://ewaplain.blogspot.com/  and it takes a while for the search engines to pick up on that. So the only way is to click the name in the side bar of any of the other blogs and it will appear on your screen like magic. Hopefully the territory will be getting bigger and we will have more action.


I changed the URL on this blog too. The new internet address is  http://centerdance.blogspot.com/
This may turn out to be my personal blog, while I get the others independent. I am sure I will leave them in good hands. Dancing in the Dark was the name of the mini zine that existed for over ten years on this Island.


This blog has always been a puzzle, so all I can do is guess. Good readership and it could double if we had a Guest Author. I suspect is mostly  Wahiawa readers with Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club and Dot's in Wahiawa. Then a few scattered in Mililani and Waipio. Could have some in the North Shore too.


Then when they get enough of these running so it can be "comfortable," people will be able to get around a little better than now riding "cattle cars." Auwe!

Nevertheless, this section of Oahu, will bloom with dancing activity in this coming year along with the rest of the west. There may be a new Dance Club in Waipio, and perhaps a Nightclub too. We must be patient. Somebody that doesn't count on the liquor bar tab so much.