Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving at Nanaikeola Senior Apartments

Got ready early, I wanted to get a photo of the "Early Birds" and I got downstairs a little after five. There was a big group there already. Wow! But I got a couple shots of the early action.

"When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty,
 my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup."
 

The attendance is getting better all the time as the
tenants get to know each other better. 

Went around and finally sat down, a little conversation with my fellow tenants. All were seated in three seat groups and I waited for the first four. I could then get one more and get a good photo that would go into the slide show. Finally, the coordinator, Pat arrives with some goodies and the dinner is about to start.


Robert, Glenn, Joe, Stanley and Alex. In the background, Leo and Pat. I will add
this to the slide show. I  probably have to stop at about 25, 30 photos.

Then went cruising around, sat down, a little more conversation and got the next.

 
Mitchell, Wendy, Dee, Kathy, Mray and Millie, all ready to eat.
Just before getting in line for the kau kau.

Waited awhile then got a few more collage photos. We had a nice gathering and it is going to get better with time.


Thanksgiving dinner requires eating. There is no getting out of it. However, I am still getting used to my teeth, so I took my dinner upstairs. I completely forgot and before you know it I was eating just fine with my teeth. A little sore, but I ate the entire dinner with my new teeth. Something else to be thankful for.

Came back downstairs and got the remainder of the pie I had contributed. They told me, there was plenty more. Came back upstairs and got on the computer.

Pub's Side Note: Every one there was sad about the bus situation but all understand that those lying crooks, big money men are after more money and they are sure to make it worse.