Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The 4th at Nanaikeola Senior Apartments.

Woke up late but took my time, got on the computer to check my emails and had a late breakfast. Did a little clean up on the apartment and the computer too. Took a shower and went down about 11:30.

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizons."

Already a nice crowd of the "early" birds. I checked to see if they needed anything I was going to Sack N Save and I would have gotten something. I took a couple pictures and left the cameras there and came upstairs to catch up on a few details.

I have to explain about the photos. They are all digital, that is, in the computer in "bits." No film, so I can always take an extra at no cost. I always take the best one. Now, anyone that wishes to get one of these photos can just right click it on your computer and save it wherever you wish. Then you can do whatever you wish to do with it. It's yours.

The Early Birds

Then went back downstairs, left a container to take something back later. Then went to Sack N Save and got a chocolate cake. Came back and most people already had already left. They had plenty food left, so I took some chicken and some salads.

I wasn't planning on eating until 3 or 4 but my salad tooth kept bothering me, so I warmed up a piece of chicken which was ono. Then I had some of the most delicious cole slaw and potato salad I have had in a long time. I can't believe I ate the whole thing. Went back down stairs and got another picture.

The Late Birds

Maybe next time I can stay a little longer and get a picture of the group in the middle time and then another one of the "late" birds. Of course, these social affairs are going to take some time to get going.

"The Coconut Tree" by Noelani Cypriano

Hopefully, the church people that are reading this will help me decide who to give the old computer too. Someone that is going to work it, maybe even get on the internet. Collecting dust is not the answer here.