Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Day in Town.

Wednesday, the 16th was a lovely day. Got most things done and I was out of my place before 10:00 AM. Dropped in Kokua Mau and things are slow with two of the ladies ill. Then I went down the street to Farrington and the beach looked lonely. No vehicles.

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice."

Went to the bus stop laid down my backpack, went over the mound and saw that the beach had few people. The ocean was calm and nothing on it. A few of the Ladies from Nanikeola came by and got the #40 bus to wherever. I got the next C bus. And I got off in Town at Middle street at ten am. A short ten minute walk and I am at the old Transit Center. A few minutes and I am on the #31 going to Tripler.

At the VA, I wait and bleed. Then I wait and get the results and give them the latest news that they want. And I  am on the 12:45 bus going back to the Transit Center. Then  I get the #2 bus and get to the Freight Merchandisers, get some goodies, the bus again to town and get some goodies at Love's Bakery.

Then the first bus going to Alapai Transit Center and wait for the 93 bus. Left promptly at 3:00 and I am off the bus in Nanakuli at 4:00. Taking a shortcut across the Kaiser Permanente parking lot, I spotted Jeffrey and some people at the table and made signs to take a picture. At home I put my packages down, got the camera, went to the Ono Steak and Shrimp and got the photo.


Ikaika Soares, (Aloha), Roger Medeiros, Jeffrey and Carla Pelen, Butch Soares
(Waianae Mountains) and Ruth Hinol at the Ono Steak and Shrimp table.

The other photo was better but I lost it in trying to get fancy. Jeffery and Carla had a distinguished guest and I got his card to make this poster. I passed  out cards for the Nanakuli Ridge blog address on the internet, I was asked about the Hawaiian name for the Nanakuli Ridge. Sounds interesting, I will look into it. Then I went back home, got on the computer to check my email (mostly spam) and had a snack.


So how was your day?